Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone! I want to apologize in advance, that I have not been updating Stuck on Chic. The last couple of days, I had been on a search for the perfect camera; and I finally found one.  In the next few days, I will finally start posting stylish outfit (s) etc; I am looking forward to everyone’s feed back. So for today’s post, I decided to share with everyone one of my favorite recipes Chalupas. I think their very tasty and easy to make. This recipe is part of Eva Longoria’s recipe book Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends”.

Chalupas
Ingredients:
½ cup vegetable oil, or as needed
8 corn tortillas
4 cups shredded lettuce
1½ cups grated queso fresco or cheddar cheese (about 6 oz)
¾ cup sour cream
1 large tomato, diced
2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and diced
2 cups refried beans, warmed
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken, warmed (or beef)

Directions:
1. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. In a large skillet, heat oil until shimmery and hot. Fry tortillas one at a time until firm, 1 minute per side. Transfer to baking sheet; cool 5 minutes.

2. Place lettuce, cheese, sour cream, tomato, and avocado in separate serving bowls.

3. Spread beans on each tortilla. Sprinkle chicken on top. Arrange chalupas on a platter; serve with toppings on the side.
Side note: You can replace the shredded chicken with beef as shown in picture.
On another note, I must say I absolutely love Eva’s style. Eva’s style is so chic and classy,  not to mention she’s just gorgeous. What do you think of my top three outfits?

Hope everyone has an amazing Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment